Hub and Pipelines Project
- Supplied 48 tradesmen for Civil and Mechanical work for the construction of a hub compressor site at Roma. (compressor, power generation and water treatment installation).
- Other works include:
- HDPE and steel pipelines for gas and water gathering
- Treatment and transfer
- Bulk earthworks
- Road construction
- Civil works
- Electrical and instrumentation
- Building installation
- Piping, testing and ancillary services.
Services Provided by The Busicom Group
- Busicom Inspections and Training Solutions (BITS) provided the following Welding Inspection Services:
- Development and full documentation of 3 x dual processes: 1) GTAW/FCAW-G , 2) GTAW/SMAW- MMAW, 3) GTAW/SMAW- MMAW
- Welding procedure qualification record (WPQR) in 5G and 6G position to ASME IX and B31.3
- Management of (3rd party) laboratory testing of WPQR for visual examination, PWHT, RT, tensile tests, bend tests, macro examination, hardness test and impact tests.
- Documentation of Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) after qualification of WPQR.
- Qualification of welders to above approved procedures (WPS) including supervision and recording of all essential welding parameters followed by visual inspection and arrange for RT (3rd party).
- Full documentation of Welder Qualification Record (WQR) and approval on client template of all successful candidates.
- Busicom Services supplied a team of qualified Welders and other Engineering Tradesmen. The role of each trade type is detailed below
- On site fabrication
- Fabrication of pipe stands, brackets and guides
- Cutting & gouging
- Welding of carbon steel pipe to ASME IX
- Welding 1”, 2”, 4”, 6” & 18” pipes
- GTAW & GTAW / MMAW weld processes
- Preheating pipes
- Preparing pipes
- Welding heavy walled pipes
- Read & interpret isometric drawings
- Piping material selection
- Pipe fabrication
- Aligning pipe, bolt ups
- Basic weld joint preparation
- Basic rigging
( FRANNA / 70 T)
- Slinging and rigging of various loads
- Load calculation
- Lifting piping, pumps, compressors, equipment, containers
- Dogging and assisting crane operators
- Moving equipment, containers, and pipes around site
- Heavy lifting work
- General site work
- Torquing flange joints
- The tension of large flanges to (600mm pipe)
- Fitting pipe spools
- Work on gaskets, valves and meters
- Alignment of pipe and flange faces to minimum specifications,
- Cleaning and preparation of mating surfaces
- Test, check, torque and tag to specifications
- Reading isometric drawings
- Checking studs (size & tensile strength, etc) with specifications as required on the ISO drawings.